Terms and conditions
1. Services Provided. The Dog Walker shall provide dog walking services to the Client as described in Agreement.
2. Payment. The Client shall pay the Dog Walker the amount set forth in Exhibit A for the services provided. Payment shall be made in advance, on a weekly or monthly basis as agreed upon by both parties.
3. Late Payment. The Dog walker reserves the right to terminate any future sessions booked, until full payment is made and request payment in advance for any services booked.
4. Cancellation Policy. The Client may cancel a scheduled service at any time, provided that the Client gives the Dog Walker at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the scheduled service. In the event of cancellation given with less than 24 hours’ notice, or where the Dog Walker is unable to undertake the scheduled service through fault of the Client, the Client shall be responsible for payment for the scheduled service. Where 24 hours’ or greater notice is given, or where the Dog Walker is unable to undertake the scheduled service through fault of the Dog Walker, the Dog Walker will refund the Client for the scheduled service.
5. Special Needs and Dog Behaviour. It is expected that the Client’s dog(s) are in good health and suitably trained with reliable recall. Where this is not the case or where the dog(s) have behavioural issues or where the dog(s) have medical issues the Client must disclose such to the Dog Walker. These disclosure shall be recorder in Exhibit B.The Dog Walker reserve the right to refuse services to any dog deemed dangerous.
6. Insurance. The Dog Walker shall maintain liability insurance coverage for the services provided under this Agreement. The Dog Walker shall provide proof of insurance upon request.
7. Representations and Warranties. The Dog Walker represents and warrants that: (a) the Dog Walker is fully qualified and competent to provide the services described in Exhibit A; (b) the Dog Walker shall provide the services in a professional and timely manner; and (c) the Dog Walker shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to the services provided under this Agreement.
8. Indemnification. The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Dog Walker from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may be incurred by the Dog Walker as a result of the Client’s breach of this Agreement.
9. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall be effective as of the date of acceptance by the Client and shall continue for a period of one year. Either party may terminate this Agreement giving 48 hours’ notice in writing to the other party. Any payments remaining due to the Dog Walker shall survive termination.
10. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
11. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written.
12. Amendment. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument executed by both parties.
13. Waiver. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
15. Assignment. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
16. Notice. Any notice required or permitted under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed sufficient upon delivery, when delivered personally or by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, or when sent by facsimile, email, or overnight delivery service, to the address of the party specified in this Agreement or such other address as such party may have furnished to the other in writing. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first above written.
17. Pet Emergencies. If an emergency occurs or your pet suddenly falls ill, the Dog Walker will contact you or your emergency contact, if you are unavailable. Where possible the Dog Walker will take your pet to the Clients’ registered vet. However, if deemed necessary the Dog Walker will take your pet to the closest veterinary practice. The Client is responsible for setting any fees contacted with the vet directly. The Dog Walker cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a dog either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
18. Media. Unless the Client states otherwise, the Dog Walker will take photos of your pet(s) during their activities. These may be used on our website and Facebook page.
19. Weather. If adverse weather such as extreme heat, storms or snow threatens to compromise safety for your pet(s), the Dog Walker reserves the right to cut short or substitute the walking activity with an indoor service. Otherwise, the session will have to be postponed to another day.
20. Walking Equipment. It is the Clients responsibility to ensure their pet(s) have a suitable collar and ID tag with the Clients details. The Dog Walker will not be held responsible for the damage or loss of any leads, harnesses or muzzle.